- In March, Faster Payments processed 138.6 million payments, which is a 19% increase on the amount processed in March 2016.
- These payments amounted to a total of £120 billion for the month. This is an 18% increase on March 2016's total.
- Q1 of 2017 saw 390 million payments processed by Faster Payments, a 16% increase on the amount processed in Q1 for 2016.
- The total amount of payments processed during this quarter was £332 billion, which is a 17% increase on 2016 Q1 's total.
- 2016 saw Faster Payments break the record for the highest amount of payments processed in a single year.
- 2015 saw 1.2 billion payments processed, whereas in 2016 the figure grew to over 1.2 billion.
- In total, there were 179 million more payments processed than in 2015. This is an increase of 14%.
- Faster Payments broke the record in 2016 for the number of payments processed in a single year.
- £1.0 trillion was transferred via Faster Payments in 2015. In 2016 however, over £1.2 trillion was transferred.
- In total, the amount processed in 2016 rose by £148.3 billion compared to 2015. This is an increase of 14%.
FPS Volumes for the previous 12 months
FPS Values for the previous 12 months
|Payment Statistics Monthly||Updated to March 2017||Download|
|Historical Statistics||Updated to February 2017||Download|
|Quaterly payment statistics||Q4 2016||Download|
|Annual summary of payment statistics||Annual Summary 2016||Download|