Sort Code Checker
Faster Payments enables banks to process phone, internet and standing order within a few hours.
If your bank or building society has confirmed that it is offering you the Faster Payments Service and you want to make a payment this way, you can check whether the account you are sending money to is able to receive a Faster Payment by checking the sort code here:
Even if the sort code of the account you are checking is able to receive Faster Payments, you should remember these other top tips before making your payment:
- check that you are able to send a Faster Payment from you account;
- check that the payment you are making is within the value limit set by your bank;
- if you want to pay a bill, you should check the timescales on the back of the bill to ensure your payment is made on time;
- if you are making an important payment, which is time critical, we recommend that you speak to your bank first to confirm the services on offer to you; and
- always double check the account number and sort code, as once you have made a Faster Payment it can’t be cancelled.
Remember, if it is not possible to use the new service, you can still make your payment online or over the phone using the existing three-day Bacs service.