You are here:
- In total for January, Faster Payments processed 129,7 million payments, which is a 23% increase on the amount processed in January 2016.
- These payments amounted to a total of £112,618 billion for the month. This is a 25% increase on the total for January 2016.
- Q3 of 2016 saw 362 million payments processed by Faster Payments, a 15% increase on the amount processed in Q3 of 2015
- The total amount of payments processed during this quarter equated to £302 billion, which is a 15% increase on the total of Q3 for 2015.
- 2016 saw Faster Payments break the record for the amount of payments processed in a single year.
- 2016 saw 1.4 billion payments processed, whereas in 2015 the figure amounted to over 1.2 billion.
- In total, there were 179 million more payments processed than 2015. This is an increase of 14%.
- £1 trillion were transferred via Faster Payments in 2015, however, in 2016 over £1.1 trillion were transferred.
- In total, there were £148 billion more processed in 2016 than in 2015. This is an increase of 14%.
Did you know that on Christmas Day 2016, the average amount transferred via Faster Payment was £366 and that 623,755 payments were made?
The total transaction on New Year's day was £723 million with an average value of £480 in the first hour on New Year's day.
The total value of transactions on the day before the EU Referendum (22rd June 2016) was £4bn, on the day of the EU Referendum (23rd June 2016) the total value was £3.8bn and on the day after the EU Referendum (24th June 2016) the total value was £6.1bn.
You can find out more Facts and Figures here:
- Payment Statistics (Monthly) January 2017
- Annual Summary of Payment Statistics 2016
- Quarterly Statistical Update - Q3 2016
- Historical Monthly Statistics (1990 to December 2016)
Faster Payments Volumes for the previous 12 months:
Faster Payments Values for the previous 12 months:
To obtain a report produced before June 2015 please contact a member of the Information Management team with your request at: email@example.com.