You are here:
- In total for November, Faster Payments processed 125,578 million payments, which is a 14% increase on the amount processed in November 2015.
- These payments amounted to a total £103 billion for the month. This is a 16% increase on the total of November 2015.
- Q3 of 2016 saw 362 million payments processed by Faster Payments, a 15% increase on the amount processed in Q3 of 2015
- The total amount of payments processed during this quarter equated to £302 billion, which is a 15% increase on the total of Q3 for 2015.
- 2015 saw Faster Payments break the record for the amount of payments processed in a single year.
- 2014 saw 1.1 billion payments processed, whereas in 2015 the figure grew to over 1.2 billion.
- In total, there were146 million more payments processed than 2014. This is an increase of 13%.
- £903 billion were transferred via Faster Payments in 2014, however, 2015 over £1 trillion were transferred.
- In total, there were £137 billion more processed in 2015 than 2014. This is an increase of 15%.
Did you know that on Christmas Day 2015, the average amount transferred via Faster Payment was £450 and over half a million payments were made?
During the Rio Olympics, 54 million payments were processed by Faster Payments with a total value of £50 billion.
And in the time it took Mo Farah to win Gold in Men's 10.000m, 5625 payments were made, with a value of £3.6 million.
Finally, during the time it took Usain Bolt to win Gold in the Men's 100m, 2113 payments were made, with a value of £703,662.
You can find out more Facts and Figures here:
- Payment Statistics (Monthly) November 2016
- Annual Summary of Payment Statistics 2015
- Quarterly Statistical Update - Q3 2016
- Historical Monthly Statistics (1990 to November 2016)
Faster Payments Volumes for the previous 12 months:
Faster Payments Values for the previous 12 months:
To obtain a report produced before June 2015 please contact a member of the Information Management team with your request at: firstname.lastname@example.org.